Congratulations to our upcoming 2021 graduates!
Date of Law School Convocation: May 22, 2021 at 2:00 p.m.
Where: Schoellkopf Field
Convocation Ceremony: Public Health Requirements
Each graduate received additional information specific to the Law School’s Convocation ceremony. The University’s Commencement website has this information as well.
The Law School will follow the same timeline and public health requirements for the Convocation ceremony as Cornell University in accordance with the guidelines set forth by New York state. Please review Commencement Chair, and Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer, Mary Opperman’s statement from May 5.
Proof of being fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine that is authorized for use in the U.S. Being fully vaccinated means that you are two weeks after the second dose in a two dose series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single dose vaccination (Johnson & Johnson).
- Graduates who have been vaccinated should submit documentation through the Proof of Vaccination process available on the Daily Check website.
- Guests who are fully vaccinated with a U.S.-authorized vaccine must show proof of vaccination on the day of the event.
Documentation of a negative COVID-19 test taken on or after Thursday, May 20. For logistical reasons, all graduates and attendees who are not fully vaccinated must present a negative COVID-19 test result consistent with this guideline, without exception.
- Graduates will have the opportunity to schedule an appointment for COVID-19 testing at Cornell testing facilities on Thursday, May 20.
- Guests must make arrangements to be tested at a facility that uses a PCR-based testing. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has a directory of testing sites in the U.S. Testing should be completed on or after Thursday, May 20 with enough time to receive the result and present this documentation the day of the event.
- Proof of being fully recovered from a lab-confirmed case of COVID-19 within the last 90 days will also be accepted.
Help us pronounce your name how you wish it to be announced at Convocation. Record your full name (preferred first name and surname) on your mobile phone or computer. Use the following link and it will attach the recording to the Law School directory: https://support.law.cornell.edu/UploadVoiceFiles/index.cfm