Below you will find information about our office and links to the most commonly used career development resources.
- Job Search: Lists of research and job posting sites. Pages may be password protected. If you do not have the login information, please contact Lisa Carberry.
- Applications Materials: Head to the Document Library to find guides and sample resumes, cover letters, writing samples, and thank you notes.
- Interviews & Networking: Find how-to’s in the Document Library for professional networking and informational interviewing.
- Preparation: Check out steps and practice questions for internship and job interviews in the Document Library.
- Events: Mark your calendar for upcoming virtual and in-person events hosted by employers and the Career Development Office.
- Employer Library: See a collection of brochures, fact sheets and application instructions submitted by employers.
A large attorney-only community where members can perform in-depth law firm research, track attorney hiring trends, search from 10,000+ law firm, in-house, and government job listings. As a student or alum of Cornell, you may now use the platform free of charge. Use this link to create your account and get started!
Summer Associate Hub – Free Resource for 1Ls:
Summer Associate Hub is a free content and resource hub for 1Ls to prepare for the 1L/2L recruiting process. The platform includes easy, digestible, and engaging video, interactive, and written content to help students learn about BigLaw practice areas and prepare for the recruiting process. Summer Associate Hub also offers live virtual programs with firms throughout the school year and is planning an in-person job fair this summer. You can sign up for content/updates for free here.
Resources for International JDs:
Click here to view a packet of information, assembled by Deirdre Hay, Director of LLM and International Career Services, which will be helpful for international JDs seeking employment.
Find diversity fellowship opportunities listed in Symplicity Employer Library and the Career Development Newsletter.
We will publish our Career Development Newsletter weekly while classes are in session and use it to share vital information, job opportunities, resources, and upcoming events.
Recruiting Events For 2Ls & 3Ls
Cornell Law School’s OCI program is called the August Job Fair (AJF) and is set to occur virtually next summer from Tuesday, July 30th through Friday, August 2nd, 2024.