Equal Justice Works student registration for the 2022 Equal Justice Works Conference and Career Fair opens on Thursday, August 11. The Career Fair will occur on October 20-22. The Career Development Office will cover the registration cost for students who register and attend the Fair.
- Visit the attendee page for more information related to student registration and application deadlines.
- After you register, you will have the opportunity to select “Law School Waiver” as your payment method and then you will have to select Cornell Law School from a drop-down list.
- Register for upcoming webinars via the resources page. These webinars will help familiarize attendees with the career fair database.
- Review our list of registered employers (updated weekly).
Our office is here to counsel students when defining their career path, educate students on diverse legal career options, collaborate with student groups to present relevant programming, provide helpful resources, and connect with legal employers and alumni.
- Akua Akyea, Associate Dean for Career Development
- Brianna Kosowitz, Director of Recruitment Programs & Administration
- Carl Rizzi, Director of Judicial Clerkships
- Michaela Azemi, Director of Pro Bono Services & Externships
- Deirdre Hay, Director of LL.M. and International Career Services
- Jasmine Harper, Career Services Program Assistant
- Lisa Carberry, Administrative Assistant
- Amy Tai, Attorney Counselor
Meet with Us:
128 Hughes Hall, 607-255-5873, firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday – Thursday 8:00AM – 4:30PM ; Friday 8:00AM – 4:00PM
To reserve an interview room in the Career Development suite, please contact Lisa Carberry
Serves students and alumni interested in careers in the private sector, including law firms and corporations.
Coordinates post-graduate judicial clerkship advising, programming, and resources in conjunction with the Faculty Clerkship Committee.
Advises students and alumni interested in working in the public interest, including government entities, non-profit organizations, public defenders, and prosecutorial offices.
Provides career support to all Graduate Legal Studies students. Coordinates international advising programs and the ISIP career fair for General LL.M students
Make sure to log into your Symplicity account for access to jobs, events, and job search resources.
Career Programs & Recordings
- Judicial Internships & Clerkships: An Introduction for 1Ls: Tuesday, October 18th 4:15-:15pm | Room 186 Myron Taylor Hall. You can intern for a judge during your 1L summer, extern during later semesters of law school, or clerk for a judge after graduation. Attend this program to learn about what the positions entail, the benefits to you, and the application process.
- How to Successfully “Network” Your Way into a Job (LLMs): Thursday, October 20th 4:00-5:00pm | Room 186 Myron Taylor Hall. This workshop will highlight creative, innovative, proven tactics and strategies that you can easily implement to help build your professional “network,” distinguish yourself from other applicants, and find a position that capitalizes on your unique background and skill set.
- Public Interest Opportunities in Rural NY: Tuesday, October 25th 3-4pm | Room 279 Myron Taylor Hall. Employers from Rural Upstate NY sharing information about their practice areas, their office culture, living and working in Upstate NY, and current openings. Each employer is accepting resumes on site and will be available to network after the panel presentation.
- Externships Information Session: Thursday, October 27th 4:15-5:15pm | Room 186. Attend this Information Session where we’ll cover the who, what, why, when and how of externing during law school.
- A Judge and Clerk Fireside Chat: Friday, October 28th 12:15-1:15pm | Room 184 Landis Auditorium Myron Taylor Hall. Judge Kathleen Williams of the Southern District of Florida, and former law clerk Seantyel Hardy (JD ’18) will interview each other and discuss the judge and clerk workplace partnership.
- Pro Bono Scholars Information Session: Tuesday, November 1st 3-4pm | Virtual Zoom. Attend this introduction to Pro Bono and learn more about the New York State Bar Requirement and Pro Bono at Cornell Law School. You will also hear about the potential opportunities for Pro Bono over Spring Break, 2023.
Interview & Networking Webinar (November 2021)
Q & A in Judicial Clerkships (November 2021) coming soon
Externship Information Session (November 2021)
Introduction to the 1L Summer Job Search (November 2021)
Resume & Cover Letter Webinar (October 2021)
You, Your Career & Cornell Law: Intro to Cornell Law Career Development (Sept 2021)
A weekly newsletter of upcoming events, opportunities and education resources brought to you by Cornell Law Career Development.