You are receiving this message because you elected in-person instruction. We look forward to welcoming you for the first day of classes. As you prepare for tomorrow, here are a few final reminders to keep in mind, in addition to the messages I sent on August 5th and August 12th, as well as the Law School FAQs:
· COVID-19 Testing is required to access campus facilities, including classes. If you have been tested, no further action is required. If you have not been tested, you will not receive the Daily Check, which you must complete to proceed to campus. Campus partners have made additional testing spots available from 8 a.m. today through noon so that you may complete testing prior to in-person registration for new students or starting classes for all in-person students. If you have not already been tested, you must schedule and complete a test no later than today at Noon and may do so by going to https://dailycheck.cornell.edu/housing_testing (two step authentication with NetID and password required). Be sure to select Cornell Law School for your Org Status and Org Unit. If you have completed your COVID test and all steps of the re-entry checklist, you will receive the Daily Check to access the building starting tomorrow, Tuesday, August 25th.
· Tomorrow’s classes on August 25th will follow a Mondayschedule. The second day of class on August 26th will follow a Wednesday schedule.
· Building hours are 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. You will need to use your ID card to access the building and may do so through the main Myron Taylor Hall entrance on College Ave. and the Hughes Hall entrance from the “P” parking lot (near the red sculpture). The Jane Foster doors on College Ave. are reserved for exiting the building.
· By leaving the building promptly at 8:30 p.m., you will allow our building care team to thoroughly sanitize the building before the next day’s classes. Thank you for your partnership in helping us maintain these critical health and safety measures.
· Please note that ID cards will only be activated starting tomorrow for students who have been tested and who have completed the re-entry checklist, including Step 9—Enrollment. Only those students will be able to access the Daily Check, which you must complete each day before coming to campus.
· Highly limited study space will be available in the Law School and Law Library. Access will be by prereservation only and will be available only during building open hours. All students are expected to abide by the behavioral compact as responsible university citizens and future members of the legal profession.
Yes, this semester will be different but we can and we will get through it, together.
Stay safe and be well,
Markeisha J. Miner, JD
Dean of Students
Cornell Law School